Jobs / Employment
Human Resource Manager
239 Wisconsin Ave SW | PO Box 1369
Phone: (605) 353-8505
Fax: (605) 353-8506
Current City Government Openings
South Dakota Department of Labor
The South Dakota Department of Labor is dedicated to serving both employers and job seekers.
They administer several helpful programs, such as:
- Veterans' Services
- Unemployment Insurance
- Experience Works, for older workers
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment & Training
- National Career Readiness Certification
Huron Local Offices
The friendly staff of workforce professionals at the Huron local office can help you:
- Identify your career interests and skills
- Write a resume and complete applications
- Locate possible jobs and prepare for job interviews
- Locate appropriate training programs
Their Resource Room is available for job-search-related use, including:
- Computers with Internet access, printers, copiers, fax machines and telephone
- Job-related information, including videos, booklets, brochures and tutorials
The online job bank lists jobs available from local employers, state-wide employers, and federal and state government agencies. You can anonymously search this database of job openings and can normally apply for any job you find directly with the employer who posted it. Registering with SDWORKS allows you access to even more services.
All Department of Labor services are available at no charge.
Huron Local Office
South Dakota Department of Labor & Regulation
2361 Dakota Ave S
Huron SD 57350
Phone: (605) 353-7155
Fax: (605) 353-7305
Chief Executive Officer
Huron Area Center for Independence
The Center for Independence, in Huron, SD, is seeking to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). We are a private, nonprofit agency that is nationally accredited and certified by the state of South Dakota. We operate under $11 M budget. Our mission is to assist individuals with developmental disabilities to participate as essential members of the communities of their choice. We provide residential and vocational services to 190 people with developmental disabilities in seven communities across South Dakota.
A Degree in Healthcare, Business Management, or related Human Services field is preferred. Five or more years of progressive, senior leadership experience required.
Candidates must also possess:
This is a unique opportunity to guide a long standing, well established organization in a community that is one of the most diverse in South Dakota. We offer a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, group insurance (health, dental, vision and life), and retirement plan with company match. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.cfindependence.com.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to:
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Strong fiscal management skills
- The ability to interpret trends and formulate transitions
- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively implement management principles
Center for Independence
ATTN: Search Committee
258 3rd St. SW
Huron, SD 57350
The Center for Independence is an equal opportunity employer.