Description: The Swine Finishing Assistant will assist with monitoring the care and maintenance of Heartland Pork LLC livestock to ensure that production and quality standards are properly executed in order to continuously drive production performance.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Finishing Manager with overseeing pig production
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with standard operating procedures
- Complies with biosecurity policies to ensure herd health
- Perform and assist with maintenance
- Oversight of animal transportation
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate would have an associates degree in Animal Science or agriculture business with a background in swine production OR a combination of education and work experience in both.
o Position not exclusive to applicants with those qualifications. Will train the right applicant.
- Futuristic thinking, self motivated team player who possesses excellent initiative and decision making skills.
- Work without supervision.
- Strong time management and excellent communication skills required.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to maintain and build relationships with clients and team members.
- Available for emergencies, after hours and weekends
- Ability to lift 75 pounds, standing, walking and bending.
- Valid river’s license
Submit applications or resumes to: HPork@stansinc.net