We are searching for an energetic and skilled person for the Huron Area Senior Center in Huron, South Dakota.
The Huron Area Senior Center (HASC) is a community-based non-profit organization. We have a well-known and respected lunch program and are also the hub for Huron’s Meals on Wheels Program.
: We are seeking a full-time Executive Director. The salary offered will depend on experience. There will also be performance-based bonuses available. The vacancy will close on June 19, 2020.
- We offer a 401K benefit
- We also offer dental insurance
- A college degree or equivalent experience in social services, business, or administration is required.
1555 Utah Ave SE
Huron, SD 57350
Or email to:
- Responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Board of Directors to establish goals and policy
- Create an atmosphere of openness and sharing among the staff, committees, members to meet annual goals
- Prepare and monitor all budgets for the HASC and its programs
- Relay the needs and services of the HASC to the public through public speaking, newsletter, radio and social media
- Approve and coordinate fund-raising activities
- Actively pursue any available grants
- Perform other duties as necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the HASC
- Supervision of the Huron Nutrition Site (includes Meals on Wheels)
- Coordinate the development of the monthly state-approved menus
- Maintain accurate records of meals and financial records for entire Beadle County Area Nutrition (BCAN) project
- Send meal count and financial reports to the state as required